1. Set the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Cut the squash into chunks, removing the seeds but leaving the skin on. Drizzle in oil and rub with chilli and salt, then roast for around 45 minutes or until soft and starting to brown.
3. Remove the outer leaves and stalk from the cauliflower, then cut into florets. Rub with cumin, turmeric, olive oil and salt then roast for around 10-15 minutes until soft.
4. Toast the pine nuts in a separate baking tray with no oil for 6-8 minutes until light brown.
5. Rinse the quinoa for a least 30 seconds under running water. Drain well, then put in a saucepan with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer, until it has absorbed all the water (around 10-15 minutes).
6. When all the water is absorbed, remove the pan from the heat, cover and leave it to steam for 5 minutes. This will allow the grains to pop open. Once finished, fluff up with a fork and season to taste.
7. Once everything has cooked, mix together, along with the picked mint & coriander leaves. Serve with a dollop of Greek yoghurt on top of each portion. You can serve this hot or at room temperature.
Butternut Squash, Cauliflower & Quinoa Salad
Serves 4 for lunch
1 small butternut squash
1 cup quinoa
2 tsp whole cumin
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp chilli flakes
50g pine nuts
20 mint leaves, picked
20 coriander leaves, picked
Note: You can serve this alongside fish, chicken or halloumi to make it more substantial.